miércoles, mayo 11

The boys of my life ~ Los chicos de mi vida

In different moments of my life there have been three or four men that have been called by me “the boys of my life”, but in every moment there have been at least two. A while ago I dedicated one of my posts to one of them, today I dedicate this to the other.

The man I’m talking about is one of three columns of my existence. He is a man that has been, as the other two columns, fundamental I the process of becoming the person I am today. In some moment of my life somebody asked e who was the person I loved the most in my life, and I said there were three, but that out of those three I could clearly distinguish one, cuz that person had been till that moment in my life the only constant. The other two persons are my parents who, by the way, have always been there, but as in every parents-to-daughter relationship we have had our disagreements, moments in which I have felt I cannot count on them. That hasn’t happened with the third column, cuz I have always felt he’s by my side. Maybe he doesn’t agree with everything I say, think, do, don’t say, don’t think or don’t do, but he has been always there, to support me when I fall or to celebrate my triumphs when I have had them.

Even tho it may sound conceited I know I have been important in the life of this man. Maybe if it wasn’t for me he wouldn’t have that huge and enviable patience that characterizes him, virtue in which development I think to have contributed with my endless intervention, of all kinds, in his existence. It may even be that my insistence at a tender age encouraged his current like for music and the many improvements in his singing. I believe I was the first fan of his singing, when I was very young I eagerly asked him to sing, sometimes I even used physical violence (well… I was like two years old, I wasn’t non-violent yet).

He is in many of my memories. I remember also once when we were at school and I felt very bad, very scared cuz I had some kind of horrible allergy and didn’t know what was happening to me, so I sent for him to his classroom and he came without asking any questions, willing immediately to accompany and reassure me, as he has done every time I have needed it, even if I haven’t asked him to.

I have learned so many things from him: to be patient, less prejudiced, more responsible, persistent, to look for the bright side of things, and many more, but I don’t wanna bore u all with a such a long post.

The objective of this post is to publicly express on his birthday mi admiration and love for this man. Admiration that goes beyond his tangible and visible achievements, but for the person he has become, for the strength of his spirit, because he is a role model for me.

Brother: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! GELUKKIGE VERJAARDAG!

I love you much more than I could express using words, no matter how many superlatives I use. U are an admirable person (and I’m perseverative). In this day I don’t only want to greet you and wish you the blessing of the Lord in your life, but also celebrate the anniversary of the birth of my great friend, life partner, opinologyst (since you’re not adviser), and one of the biggest loves of my life. God bless you and us with your presence and company for many years to come. I thank infinitely for your presence in my life, can’t imagine what it would’ve been like without you in it, and don’t want to imagine it without you in the future. Ik hou van jou broeder.



En diferentes momentos de mi vida ha habido tres o cuatro hombres que han sido llamados por mí “los chicos de mi vida”, pero en todo momento ha habido por lo menos dos. Hace un tiempo dediqué uno de mis posts a uno de ellos, el día de hoy dedico este al otro.

El hombre de quien hablo es uno de los tres pilares de mi existencia. Es un hombre que ha sido, como los otros dos pilares, fundamental en el proceso de convertirme en la persona que hoy soy. En algún momento de mi vida alguien me preguntó quién era la persona a la que más amaba en la vida, y dije que tres, pero que de esas tres podía claramente distinguir a una, porque esa persona había sido hasta ese momento en mi vida la única constante. Las otras dos personas son mis padres, que siempre han estado ahí, por cierto, pero como en toda relación padre-hija, creo, ha habido desavenencias, momentos en los que he sentido que no puedo contar con ellos. Eso no ha pasado con el tercer pilar, porque siempre lo he sentido a mi lado. Tal vez no de acuerdo con todo lo que digo, pienso, hago, no digo, no pienso o no hago, pero ha estado siempre ahí, para apoyarme cuando me he caído y para celebrar mis triunfos cuando los he tenido.

Aunque pueda parecer vanidoso sé que he sido parte importante de la vida de este hombre. Tal vez si no fuera por mí no tendría esa enorme y envidiable paciencia que le caracteriza, virtud en cuyo desarrollo creo haberle ayudado con mis interminables intervenciones de todo tipo en su existencia. Puede ser incluso que mi insistencia a tierna edad le haya impulsado a su actual gusto por la música y las muchas mejoras que ha hecho en su canto. Creo haber sido la primera fan de su canto, siendo muy pequeña le pedía insistentemente que cantara, incluso llegando a veces a la violencia física (bueno… tenía como dos años, todavía no era no-violenta).

Él está en gran parte de mis recuerdos. Recuerdo también una vez que estaba en el colegio y me sentía muy mal, muy asustada porque tenía una alergia muy horrible y no sabía que me estaba pasando, así que fui pedí que lo fueran a buscar a su sala de clases y él vino sin hacer preguntas, dispuesto de inmediato a acompañarme y tranquilizarme, como lo ha hecho siempre que lo he necesitado, aunque no se lo haya pedido.

He aprendido tantas cosas de él: a ser paciente, menos prejuiciosa, más responsable, persistente, a buscar el lado bueno de las cosas, y muchas más, pero no quiero aburrirlos con un post tan largo.

El objetivo de este post es expresar públicamente en el día de su cumpleaños mi admiración y amor por este hombre. Una admiración que va más allá de sus logros tangibles o visibles, sino por la persona en la que se ha convertido, por la fuerza de espíritu, porque es para mí un modelo a seguir.

Hermano: FELIZ CUMPLEAÑOS! GELUKKIGE VERJAARDAG!

Te amo mucho más de lo que pudiera expresar usando palabras, por más superlativos que use. Eres una persona admirable (y yo una perseverativa). En este día no quiero sólo saludarte y desearte las bendiciones del Señor en tu vida, sino también celebrar el aniversario del nacimiento de mi gran amigo, compañero de vida, opinólogo (ya que no eres consejero), y uno de los más grandes amores de mi vida. Que Dios te bendiga a ti y a todos nosotros con tu presencia y compañía por muchos años. Agradezco infinitamente tu presencia en mi vida, no puedo imaginar cómo hubiese sido sin ti en ella, y no quiero imaginarla sin ti en el futuro. Ik hou van jou broeder.

8 Comments:

Blogger Monicaatje said...

Thanx for the wishes to him V!
Something else we have in common... my bro also lives abroad, But he's comin' soon!!!! <:o) and with company again <:o)

I want to make it clear that I also have sisters, who are sisters not of flesh and blood but of the heart. When i was born I had just this one wonderful brother that I so very much love (I wonder if anybody could possibly have a doubt about it :P) but when I was fifteen life gave me an older sister and when I was 16 life gave me three younger sisters. But that's for another post ;)

11/5/05 14:40  
Blogger Enchanted Mind said...

Wonderful...

first things first !!! Many many more happy returns of the day to him !!!

And that was one of the wonderful dedications I ahve seen !!!

nothing cld beat that gift on a bday.....

12/5/05 19:12  
Blogger Monicaatje said...

thanx for the wishes for Boriss and thanx for the compliments on the post (they were compliments, right? :P)
later!

13/5/05 00:15  
Blogger Monicaatje said...

Yu tb te amo como miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiles hermano ;)
Que wendy que te gustó mi saludo-regalo :)

15/5/05 14:32  
Blogger wookie said...

I wish I had a brother too.sigh.

17/5/05 12:26  
Blogger Monicaatje said...

Maybe life will give u a brother of the heart, but careful, i was wanting to have a sister and life gave me FOUR sister of the heart ;)

18/5/05 21:42  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

Yo siempre tarde...tremendo post =)..
Un gran abrazo para dos de mis mejores amigos, el cariño que se tienen entre ustedes se siente...es como que lo irradian...
un besote!

23/5/05 14:30  
Blogger Monicaatje said...

Gracias =) Y no importa que haya llegado tarde acá, si igual sé que lo saludó a él antes ;)
Que suerte que tienes de tener un par de amigos como nosotros, lo habías pensado? Eres una afortunada y como dice tu blog, una bendita, jejeje.
Abrazos desde el mojado norte al empapado sur ;)

23/5/05 14:36  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home