lunes, noviembre 14

The glory of "awareness" ~ La gloria del "darse cuenta"

Certain days I wake up and I forget the GLORY, or I take it for granted, I don’t know.
For a moment there I thought “how can I take it for granted? How can I forget all these things… not pay attention to them?”. Being able to listen to sounds, birds singing, kids laughing, MUSIC. And then… how can I take for granted being able to understand the lyrics of songs? Give them a new meaning and make them mine. Or sometimes not even that, but being able to laugh with them (especially when it’s the author’s intention).
And well… then I thought “probably if I were all day thinking about how great it is to be able to listen and to understand (among other great things of life), I would be too busy thinking about that to want to think about other things” (sort of like, why we don’t feel our body functioning throughout the day). Are those other things more important? I have just understood the point of the author that wrote about ancient Greeks and leisure time (that I had to read for Industrial Psychology). The delight of contemplation… I wonder if, when people listen to music, look at painting, touch a sculpture (I know they’re not supposed to be touched but I have some obsessions :P), or things of the sort, take also the time to reflect on the glory of being able to do that.
I hope now I wrote about it I won’t forget again :P

Ciertos días me despierto y olvido la GLORIA, o la doy por sentada, no lo sé.
Por un momento pensé “cómo puedo darla por sentada? Cómo puedo olvidar todas estas cosas… no prestarles atención?” Ser capaz de estuchar sonidos, el cantar de los pájaros, la risa de los niños, LA MÚSICA. Y entonces… como puedo dar por sentado ser capaz de entender las letras de las canciones? Darles un nuevo significado y hacerlas mías. O algunas veces ni siquiera eso, pero ser capaz de reírme con ellas (especialmente cuando es la intención del autor).
Y bueno… entonces pensé “probablemente si estuviera todo el día pensando sobre lo grandioso que es ser capaz de escuchar y entender (entre otras grandiosas cosas de la vida), estaría muy ocupada pensando en eso para querer pensar en otras cosas” (algo asó como, por qué no sentimos el funcionamiento de nuestro cuerpo durante el día). Son esas otras cosas más importantes? Recién he entendido el punto del autor que escribió sobre la antigua Grecia y el ocio (que tuve que leer para Psicología Laboral). La delicia de la contemplación… me pregunto si, cuando las personas escuchan música, miran una pintura, tocan una escultura (sé que no se deben tocar pero tengo algunas obsesiones :P), o cosas por el estilo, se toman el tiempo para reflexionar sobre la gloria de ser capaz de hacerlo.
Espero que ahora que lo escribí no lo vuelva a olvidar :P

2 Comments:

Blogger Enchanted Mind said...

Contemplation.....
Ah well, me is all the time contemplative !!!!
Well, am back on the blogs regularly from today !!! ;-)

15/11/05 00:59  
Blogger Monicaatje said...

@Ph: I think maybe I am too, and that's why I'm always in the moon :P Not much of a "down to earth" person here... but I guess I don't need to tell u that, u know that already, don't ya? :P
Glad to know u'r back on the blogs, IDK about me... loads of work and school and I also have to keep up with my busy social life, u know? teehee

16/11/05 14:12  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home