martes, octubre 18

Au revoir

I had thought about dressing in yellow today… Maybe I should’ve done it. Instead, I dressed in black, once again preparing myself for the pain that was going to come.
My beautiful kitten was missing since last Saturday. I wasn’t too worried cuz we all know how kitten are… sometimes they go away for days and come home only to eat. Mine had done it a couple of times before. But on Sunday at about lunch time I found a bloo
d stain on the floor, and a bloody paw print next to it. I feared for my Swing right that moment. But that hope that never leaves me was telling me maybe he had hurt his paw and was going to come home soon… I should’ve listened to my other intuition.
Yesterday, when I finished my clinical psychology test I called home to ask if he had come back, I didn’t want to call before cuz I knew if he hadn’t I was going to be sad and worried during the test. My mom told me he wasn’t home yet.
Lat
er, when I came home from school I asked my mom if my kitten was back. She was watering the backyard plants and told me she would tell me about it later. I waited for her standing on the door, and when she came in she told me he had appeared. She needed say nothing more, for her eyes spoke for her. It was a bit strange, as much trouble as I have with spontaneous tears I couldn’t help them falling immediately from my eyes and I started crying like a 4-years-old. I feel a bit dazed by the pain still… I don’t know how long I cried. I do know my mom came and held me as if I was a 4-years-old, just as I was acting, and needing. After she told me what had happened I knew she was just protecting me when I called before, since she already knew what had happened, she didn’t want to tell me over the phone, and preferred to tell me when I could be with her. I’m very thankful for that.
My heart’
s broken and full of anger. My kitten’s death was caused by the action of a dirty in-human, there’s no doubt about that. I’m in pain cuz my Swing came to ask for our help and we weren’t there. We couldn’t know, I know that, I just think maybe we could’ve done something about it, or maybe not and I would be in even a bigger deal of pain for having seen him agonizing or God/ddess knows what.
He would’ve turned 9 months old today, and we enjoyed his company for 7 gorgeous months, in which he shared his crazy energy, sweetness, purrs, scratches, meows and all the joy he had chasing his rubber balls around the house.
I d
idn’t know we could feel such love for a pet, and I didn’t know we could feel such pain. I know my parents’ hearts are also broken, a bit of the joy we had is forever gone. Never again will we see our black and white furry cat waiting for us to come back home, never again will he meow at the door to come in, or go out. It’s like it is with humans… I would’ve understood better had he been an old cat, but he wasn’t but a kitten…
Munku has cried all day, I guess Swing was his best friend, and I guess it’s very hard to lose your best friend. I got the impression he didn’t know what to do when he heard me crying… he started crying at the door and mom had to let him in. He wagged his tail, licked my face, cried with me, he would’ve petted me had he been able :P What a sweet thing an animal is.
And here are two pics of my Swing. One of the time when he came to us, 7 months ago. And one during Bo
riss & Saartje’s last visit, like 2 months ago. May his soul be blessed, even more :)


Había pensado vestirme de amarillo hoy… Tal vez debí haberlo hecho. En cambio, me vestí de negro, una vez más preparándome para el dolor que vendría.
Mi hermoso gatito estaba extraviado desde el pasado sábado. No estaba muy preocupada porque todos sabemos como son los gatos… a veces se van por días y vuelven sólo a comer. El mío había hecho eso un par de veces antes. Pero el domingo como a la hora de almuerzo encontré una mancha de sangre en la puerta, y al lado una huella de sangre. Temí por mi Swing en ese momento.
Pero esa esperanza que no me deja me estaba diciendo que tal vez se había herido la pata y vendría a casa pronto… debí haber escuchado mi otra intuición.
Ayer, cuando terminé mi prueba de psicología clínica llamé a casa para preguntar si había vuelto, no quise llamar antes porque sabía que si no era así iba a estar triste y preocupada durante la prueba. Mi mamá me dijo que todavía no llegaba.
Más tarde, cuando llegué a mi casa de la U le pregunté a mi mamá si mi gatito había vuelto. Ella estaba regando el patio y me dijo que me contaba más tarde. La esperé parada en la puerta y cuando entró me dijo que había aparecido. No necesitó decir más, ya que sus ojos hablaban por ella. Fue un poco extraño, con lo que me cuestan las lágrimas espontáneas no pude evitar que comenzaran a caer inmediatamente y empecé a llorar como una niña de 4 años. Me siento un poco atontada por el dolor todavía… no sé cuanto rato lloré. Lo que sí sé es que mi mamá me abrazó como si hubiese tenido 4 años, tal como estaba actuando, y necesitando. Después que me contó lo que había pasado supe que me había estado protegiendo cuando la llamé antes, ya que ella ya sabía lo que había pasado, no quiso decirme por teléfono, y prefirió decirme cuando pudiera estar con ella. Le agradezco mucho por eso.
Mi corazón está roto y lleno de rabia. La muerte de mi gatito fue causada por la acción de un sucio in-humano, no hay duda al respecto. Tengo dolor porque mi Swing vino a pedir nuestra ayuda y no estuvimos ahí. No podíamos saberlo, eso lo sé, sólo pienso que pudimos haber hecho algo al respecto, o tal vez no y yo tendría aun más dolor por haberlo visto agonizar o Dios/a sabe que.
Habría cumplido 9 meses hoy, y disfrutamos su compañía por 7 maravillosos meses, en los que compartió su loca energía, dulzura, ronroneos, arañazos, maullidos y toda su alegría persiguiendo las pelotitas de goma por la casa.
No sabía que podíamos sentir tanto amor por una mascota, y no sabía que podíamos sentir tanto dolor. Sé que los corazones de mis padres también están rotos, un poco de la alegría que teníamos se ha ido para siempre. Nunca más veremos a nuestro gato peludo blanco y negro esperando que volvamos a casa, nunca más maullará en la puerta para salir o entrar. Es como con los humanos… hubiese entendido mejor si hubiese sido un gato viejo, pero no era más que un cachorro…
Munku ha llorado todo el día, supongo que Swing era su mejor amigo, y me imagino que debe ser muy difícil perder a tu mejor amigo. Me dio la impresión que no sabía que hacer cuando me escuchó llorando… empezó a llorar en la puerta y mi mamá tuvo que dejarlo entrar. Movió su cola, me lamió la cara, lloró conmigo, me habría hecho cariño de haber podido :P Que dulzura es un animal.
Y aquí hay dos fotos de mi Swing. Una de cuando llegó a nosotros, hace 7 meses atrás. Y una durante la última visita de Boriss & Saartje, hace como dos meses. Que su alma sea bendita, aun más :)

11 Comments:

Blogger Enchanted Mind said...

I feel so sorry for swing....
I had lost a couple of kittens like this when I had like almost a farm house of kittens...At one point I had eight of them.....

Talk to me about losing your best friend...I ahve been thru it and beleive at one point, life doesnt seem to be worth living for!

May swing rest in peace and
loads of Indian hugs for you !!!
Take care

18/10/05 03:07  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

Qué pena me da esta noticia... Era tan hermoso el Swing... Por lo menos estamos seguros que tuvo una buena vida con ustedes. No hubiera podido recibir más amor ni cariño...

Saartje

18/10/05 12:22  
Blogger Monicaatje said...

@Ph: Thanx. I feel much better today, talking to my friend Pablo helped me a lot with guilt and pain. Now I just have to live the process, I have to let hikm go.
Thanx for the hugs!

@Saartje & Tchorix: y sips, se nos fue una de las alegrías del hogar. Mi hermoso gato pelúo.... que dolor inmenso... la mamá tb tiene mil pena, y el papá no ha dicho nada pero es obvio que le da pena tb, ahora quién va a dormir siesta con él?
Concuerdo mil con Saartje, una de las buenas cosas es que en su corta vida recibió mucho amor y cuidados, tuvo un amigo perro que lo extraña un millón y una familia que siempre lo recordará, si hasta videos hay de él! jugando con su pelota :P
Un abrazo para ambos.

18/10/05 19:59  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

prima,
creeme que entiendo muy bien tu pena, porque ma ha pasado más de una vez... el dolor de perder una mascota es dificil de explicar.
Tiempo... sólo el tiempo da consuelo. Un beso.
Marcelo

19/10/05 00:30  
Blogger Monicaatje said...

@Marcelo: primo, me sorprendió mucho (y muy agradablemente) tu visita y tu comentario. Gracias :)
Y es muy cierto, no queda más que esperar a que pase el tiempo y el dolor ceda.
Me da penita cuando pienso en la Domi...
Un abrazo y muchos cariños a Cármen Gloria

19/10/05 01:11  
Blogger wookie said...

that is just so sad :(

19/10/05 12:07  
Blogger jac said...

I am so sorry for your loss of Swing.
Nothing to be ashamed of crying. I cried a whole night when I lost my pet Alsatian when I was 24. It will take time for you to get over the loss. Take care MoN.

19/10/05 15:31  
Blogger Monicaatje said...

@Wookie: I know... u should see the gloomy faces in this house... even the dog... hes been so down :(

@Jac: Thanx =) And no, I'm not ashamed of crying, maybe a little surprised cuz I don't cry usualy, even sometimes when I want to, it's not easy for me to do it. But it was good that I did, it was good that I had my mother with me, and it was good that she cried with me and protected me :)
I always take good care of myself, even if it's not that obvious I do :P
Take care and I hope to read ur blog soon, especially that post after the one u didn't want me to hate u :P

19/10/05 19:05  
Blogger jac said...

I have already posted two after you 'hated' me. lol. I miss your comment there.
Hope you are feeling better now.

20/10/05 08:30  
Blogger Monicaatje said...

@Jac: Feeling much better, hating not having time to read ur blog, or have a life...
Will try to catch up with it tonight, after I'm done with mi lovely (not) school work.
Take care!!!

20/10/05 11:09  
Blogger ESIH said...

I love cats..and I am really sorry abt what happened...Loads of warm hug...I am sure Swing will rest in peace...

30/10/05 23:40  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home