martes, junio 21

It's here, it's here! ~ Está aquí, está aquí!

Oh yes! One of my fave days in the year is here (and it's almost gone... I was out all day and couldn't post earlier...)!! Winter has officialy begun in the southern hemisphere, oh joy! My fave time of the year, when it's dark outside but u know it's still early to continue doing things, when u can walk outside and the cold is all around u, but u can go back home and get in ur cozy warm bed and drink a cup of hot chocolate. Or go to the beach and see almost no people cuz it's too cold, and u can walk all alone (or with Munku in my case) and run, jump or even sing at the top of ur lungs if u feel like it. Or maybe in the weekend lie in bed with a good book, look out the window and see clouds, or a clear sky, or maybe that typical fog down here.... but best of all NO HEAT!!!! Oh I just love winter :)

Oh sí! Uno de mis días favoritos del año está aquí (ya casi se acaba... estuve todo el día afuera y no pude publicar más temprano...)!! El invierno ha empezado oficialmente en el hemisferio sur, que alegría! Mi época favorita del año, cuando afuera está oscuro pero sabes que todavía es temprano para seguir haciendo cosas, cuando puedes caminar afuera y el frío está todo alrededor, pero puedes ir a tu casa y meterte a tu camita calentita y tomar una taza de chocolate caliente. O ir a la playa y que casi no haya gente porque hace mucho frío, y puedes caminar completamente sol@ (o con Munku en mi caso) y correr, saltar o cantar lo más fuerte posible si tienes ganas. O quizás el fin de semana acostarte en la camita con un buen libro, mirar por la ventana y ver nubes, o un cielo claro, o tal vez la típica niebla que hay acá.... pero lo mejor de todo NO HACE CALOR!!!! Oh como amo el invierno :)

11 Comments:

Blogger Enchanted Mind said...

u wld be making all chennaites jealous bcos its the time of the year Summer is at its peak !!!

22/6/05 00:38  
Blogger messys musings said...

hi ... sounds like heaven to me... but there r very few people these days who revel in enjoying life... i quote the words of william henry davies ...'we have no time to stand n stare'...its from a poem called 'leisure'... one of my favourite...

22/6/05 00:55  
Blogger p¡£®®£ said...

Too COLD?? :-O

I wish i was der!!! It'z so blazing hot here!!!! :-((

22/6/05 06:39  
Blogger @$#!$# said...

u r lucky to have winter there....

delhi is a furnace...too hot!! whew!

*me jealous*

22/6/05 08:41  
Blogger ESIH said...

oh well...winter is already in?? somebody should come to chennai and say tht..ppl will ask you wht you are talking abt!!365x24x7 its HOT!!

22/6/05 09:19  
Blogger Phoenix said...

Good to even read about winter when people are roasted in the sun

22/6/05 10:27  
Blogger wookie said...

wow! Its winter already!In India Winter begins only by October of evry year. May through September is the rainy season thou' the monsoon has not lived upto our expectations in the last few years.
@ all the fellow Indians cribbing abt heat- Blore is cooling down real fast. Its windy and cold.

22/6/05 13:25  
Blogger Ms.V said...

I WANT TO SEE SNOW...NOW!!!!!! PRONTO!!!!!!! :(:(:(:(

PS: Does it snow in Chile? :\ If so, I am swapping lives with you!!!

22/6/05 13:34  
Blogger Monicaatje said...

@everybody: i didn't mean to make u jealous (tho I must say it amuses me -yeah, I know, u'r probably thinking I'm evil), just wanted to share my joy.
Actually it's not that I didn't mean it... I didn't think it was posible. Winter is so cold in Chile most people hate it :P So they'r all happy when October is here and all day's are sunny and birds fly and the flowers and all that bunch of... what's the word? springness? springlikeness? springhood? whatever...

@V: it does snow in Chile. Not in Coquimbo where I live now tho, I live up north and by the sea, so it hardly ever rains here (and when it does people will hide in their houses, it's actually kinda funny for people who come from way down south were it snows and rains and the wind blows u away like me :P).
U don't wanna switch lives with me in this particular moment, unless u wanna take like a gazillion psychology tests in the coming month :P

22/6/05 15:47  
Blogger Enchanted Mind said...

MoN,

V is quite good at tests !!!

Swap, swap ...this is the best chance for you to clear the exams *wink*

22/6/05 18:41  
Blogger Monicaatje said...

Oh good! I got so used to being jobless that now it's quite hard to study again.
R u up for reading V? ;)

22/6/05 23:21  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home